The RBC is the core of the WinterTrain system and the purpose is to ensure that the trains can operates on the rail network in a safe way. This includes:
The RBC is in one way or another involved in all Features and Concepts of the WinterTrain.
- Interlocking - Route handling, track side signaling and level crossing control
- RBC core - Mode and movement authorization
- Track side Elements - Control of points, signals, etc.
- Element Controller - Controllers for these elements
- Configuration data - Site and train specific configuration data for the RBC
The RBC has several communication interfaces:
- RBC - OBU
- RBC - EC
- RBC - HMI
- RBC - MCe
- RBC - TMS (future)